Wagyu Beef Meatballs
Lunch or Dinner
About This Recipe
Makes about 12 small or 4 to 6 large meatballs (multiplies easily, but keep the meatballs in a single layer, don’t overcrowd, and put only a single size into one pouch).
- 1 pound (0.9 kg) Wagyu (or other) ground beef
- ¼ cup (30 g) dried bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 ounces (60 to 90 ml) milk (enough to soak the bread crumbs)
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ shallot, peeled and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons (7 g) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons (33 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- Your favorite dipping or barbecue sauce, for cocktail meatballs
- Marinara or Putanesca sauce for large meatballs
For Searing (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (15 to 30 ml) high-smoke-point oil
In a bowl, mix the ground meat with all remaining ingredients, until just combined. Do not over mix.
Form the mixture into balls (about 1-inch/2.5 cm diameter for cocktail meatballs).
Put the meatballs onto a tray and freeze them for an hour or two to firm them before putting them into the cooking pouch(es) and vacuum sealing. Use the Gentle suction or slow speed setting, if possible, to avoid deforming their shape.)
Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 135F/57C.
Submerge the pouch to cook for at least one hour, for small meatballs, and 3 to 4 hours for large meatballs.
Remove the meatballs from the pouch and serve with your favorite sauce.
Pat the meatballs dry with paper towels (kitchen paper).
On the stovetop, heat the oil in a skillet over high heat.
Sear the meatballs, quickly, turning to brown on all sides.
Serve as above.
Meet the Farmer
Terms Of Service
P.O. Box 5, 183 Brewery Lane
Westphalia, MO 65085
GET LIVE HELP NOW
Buy In Bulk
Refer a Friend
Shipping & Delivery
Check Order Status
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER